KAU Email History
- The beginning of the e-mail service at King Abdulaziz University to the eighties AD, where the technique was used Bitnet,
or evening comes locally as Gulf net and connect it to the King Abdulaziz University in universities other local, Gulf and even global,
in order to connect the academic and scientific research,
has included this service to send Shipping and receiving messages and other files in addition to subscribe to mailing lists.
- At the end of the nineties calendar, specifically in the month of February 1999, corresponding to the month of Shawwal year 1419,
and with the onset of the Internet in the Kingdom on a large scale, has been established e-mail service independent of the network Bitnet,
which act directly on the World Wide Web, and considers this step nucleus First the new mail system, has had access to e-mail in this period confined within the scope of the university
using Microsoft Outlook Express, despite the possibility of correspondence with all over the world via the Internet.
- In the month of Shaaban 1422 H, corresponding to the month of January 2002, was created the first Web page to e-mail system, and this provided an opportunity
for users to browse their mail for the first time via the Internet, and not only by Outlook Express.
- In the month of Dhu al-Hijjah of the year 1425, corresponding to the month of January of 2005, has been running the first beta version
(the first phase) for the new page to E. Mail, which includes features and better services from the
first page of the system, and after approbation extensively by users of the university has been formally adopted at the university site.
- In the month of Dhul Hijja 1426 for the month of January, 2006, after numerous updates and enhancements added to the first phase of the page e-mail, was running second phase (current),
which whale and will contain - God willing - many additional services which will gain the desirability of all Users that God Almighty.
- In the month of June 1431, corresponding to April 2010 was moving mailed university service provider Gmail high specifications and distinct in terms of storage capacity up to 25 GB and the size of attachments and chat software and translate messages,
and features such as providing services calendar and sites and Drive to save files in unlimeted capacity Online, and others.
4/12/2018 10:42:35 AM