Deanship of Library Affairs

Our History


Brief History of the Deanship
  • In 1385AH, the Library had been accommodated temporally in an apartment at Prince Mansour Bin Abdulaziz Building located at the end of Qabil Street that crosses King Abdulaziz Street.
  • In 4/7/11387AH, the Central Library had been open officially in the Faculty of Economics and Administration First Building with an area of 50m2. It acquisitions at that time were 10228 volumes; 5000 of which were donated to the University by some Jeddah City Prominent People.
  • In Ramadan 1388AH, the Central Library was moved to the present Medical Administration Building with an area of 375m2.
  • In 1391AH the Central Library was moved to the University New Building which accommodated the University Higher Administration, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Faculty of Science and the Center of Learning Means. The Library occupied an area of 2500m2.
  • In 1397AH, the first independent building for the Library was opened with an area of 8500m2.
  • In 1407AH, an area of 7000m2 had been added to the Library making its total area about 15500m2.
  • A new permanent building for the Central Library is opened in 1436 H

Deans
Send To Friend Print Page Error Page Add Page Link To Your Site
Last Update 12/13/2016 10:14:28 AM