Propose/revise the general policy for graduate studies and its coordination with all University Colleges and institutes and follow-up its implementation after initial approval;
2. Propose, in coordination with academic departments, the internal regulations concerning the organization of graduate studies;
3. Propose criteria for admission to graduate studies and supervise their implementation;
4. Recommend the approval of new programs of graduate studies and their coordination with existing programs;
5. Recommend the approval of graduate courses as well as revise or change their contents;
6. Recommend in Arabic and English, the names for the graduate degrees as per the recommendations of the college councils;
7. Recommend the granting of degrees.
8. Make final decisions in matters relating to graduate students affairs in the University;
9. Approve the formation of thesis and dissertation committees, and report the relevant committee’s decision.
10. Formulate the general guidelines for research plans; set up rules and regulations for writing theses/dissertations; print, submit and develop forms for their defense and evaluation;
11. Evaluate periodically the graduate studies programs at the University through committees from within the University or from outside;
Study the periodic reports submitted by academic departments in the University and;
12. Study the items referred to it by the University Board, or its Board Chairman, or the Rector.